Drake’s Radio, EP. 20: Jaeyoung and Wonsik Kang
“While watching the NBA and Michael Jordan, wearing Nike basketball shoes and sporting Levi’s Silver Tab jeans, hip-hop naturally became the music Wonsik and I inhaled during our teens and early twenties, as if it were as essential as breathing.
Nowadays, hip-hop has become a mainstream genre and is widely loved. However, back then, hip-hop was considered a niche genre, especially in Korea, which was culturally distant from it. Listening to hip-hop in those days felt like a cool act.
The 90s was a time when significant events unfolded in the hip-hop scene. It wasn’t just a period when hip-hop, which had emerged in the 80s, developed into a distinct genre. It was a Renaissance-like era.
Although today’s hip-hop is great, we consider the hip-hop of that time as classics and the timeless masterpieces.”
1. Moment of Truth by GANG STARR
2. Funkdafied by DA BRAT
3. Who Am I (What’s My Name)? by SNOOP DOGG
4. Big Poppa by THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
5. Nuthin’ But A “G”Thang by DR. DRE and SNOOP DOGG
6. Hip Hop Hooray by NAUGHTY BY NATURE
7. C.R.E.A.M. (Cash Rules Everything Around Me) by WU-TANG CLAN
8. Regulate (feat. NATE DOGG) by WARREN G
9. Hey Lover (feat. BOYZ II MEN) by LL COOL J
10. Boom! Shake the Room by DJ JAZZY JEFF and THE FRESH PRINCE
11. Mo Money Mo Problems (feat. MA$E and PUFF DADDY) by THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
12. Whatta Man (feat. EN VOGUE) by SALT-N-PEPA
13. All About U (feat. YANI HADATI, SNOOP DOGG, NATE DOGG and FATAL) by 2PAC
14. Jump by KRISS KROSS
15. Let’s All Get High by DA BRAT
16. Eastside LB by TWINZ
17. Juicy by THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.
18. Changes (feat. TALENT) by 2PAC
19. This D.J. (feat. O.G.L.B.) by WARREN G
20. If I Ruled the World (Imagine That) (feat. LAURYN HILL) by NAS